You would be responsible for meeting the support requirements of our customers, in a way that respects the individual and promotes their independence. You would be expected to travel to the customer’s home and assist them with daily tasks as agreed between the customer and Caremark.
The type of support that you would be providing is no different to what would reasonably be given by a member of the person’s family. For instance, you may be providing help with bathing and dressing or domestic support.
Your role would include helping customers with tasks such as:
- Help with washing & dressing
- Shopping & meal preparation
- Prompting with medication
- Support with daily routines
- Respite services
- Socialising and leisure activities
- Helping customers access the community
What we look for
It’s important to us that all Caremark Care Assistants have the following qualities:
- Self-motivated, well-organised & reliable
- Caring and sensitive
- Committed to maintaining our high standards of care
- Good communicator
Summary of role
Caremark Cannock Chase and South Staffordshire are looking for professional and reliable Care Assistants to join our team based in Cannock.
We offer a full training induction programme prior to starting, competitive hourly rates of pay, career progression, generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme, plus full access to NVQ qualifications and NCFE qualifications.
We also pay travel time and fortnightly mileage. Full and Part time Drivers required.
Principal responsibilities of a Care Assistant are:
- To assist customers who need help getting up and going to bed in the morning and evenings, including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet
- To help customers with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment
- To care for customers who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding etc
- To provide care and support for customers who are terminally ill
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activities of customers through talking, outings, reading, writing, hobbies and recreations
- To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying
- To inspect, launder and mend customer’s clothes
- To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up
- To read and write reports and be involved in customer’s reviews and training activities
- To adhere to all Caremark’s policies and procedures at all times
- To report either to the Field Care Supervisor or Care Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a customer
- To encourage the independence of customers wherever possible. The care and support provided by Care Assistants, is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the customer’s family and is not to include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
It is considered essential that a Care and Support Assistant possess the following qualities:
- Caring, sensitive and supportive to the needs of others;
- Ability to use own initiative;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Good recording and reporting skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Required education: Secondary education
Required experience: Providing Care: 1 year
Required licence or certification: Driving Licence
Apply for this position
Please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.