Understanding funding methods

You may be able to get funding for your support at home from your local authority or local HSC Trust. They would need to carry out some assessments to determine what type of care and support you would benefit from, and whether you are eligible for funding.

Different local authorities have differing criteria for their assessments, so the best way to find out more about your entitlement is by contacting them or visiting their website. However, some local authorities and NHS regions may not provide funding for care at home.

Your social worker can explain everything to you

If you are eligible for support from your local authority or local HSC Trust, a social worker will guide you through the ways in which they can help, and explain the methods of funding that are available to you. Some information about local authority or HSC Trust funding methods is are given here. We work closely with local authorities and we can also help to explain the various funding methods to you when we give you details of our charges. If you will be paying privately, we will explain the various payment methods you can use.

We can liaise with your family, if you prefer

Sometimes, a person's care is paid for by family members, or with funds from other sources. We are used to making arrangements with advocates and family members, so please let us know if you would prefer someone else to deal with us on your behalf.
IntroductionPrivateLocal Authority & HSC Trusts

Find your local office

Enter your town or
post code to find your nearest caremark office.

"My mother-in-law's smiles and obvious contentment left us in no doubt she was receiving excellent care" - Daughter-in-law of client (Harrogate)