Website Privacy Statement – Care Client
Who we are
We are Caremark Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 05447577 whose registered office is at Caremark Limited, C1 Yeoman Gate, Yeoman Way, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3QZ. Please contact us using the details below if you have any questions on these terms or the service that we provide. All references to “us” or “we” throughout this statement is to Caremark Limited. What information we hold about you We collect personal information whenever you provide it to us. We may also collect information that you provide to the local Caremark centre which you deal with. This personal information may include the following: ·
- name, address, date of birth and contact details
- your medical history including current and historic illness, treatment and medication
- any dietary needs you may have
- any allergies we need to be aware of
- name and contact details of authorised persons which you consent for us to contact regarding your care
- financial information
How we use your data
How we use your data will depend on the purpose for which you have provided your data. If you make an enquiry we will use your data for the purposes of responding to your enquiry. We will also transfer your data to your local Caremark centre who will then use your data to contact you to respond to your enquiry. If you become a client of one of our local Caremark centres we may also use your data to provide our care services to you and also for the purpose of audits to monitor and ensure compliance with our strict information handling policies, for training purposes and to develop and improve our business. We will not provide your information to third parties other than as set out below.
Who we may share your data with
- We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers;
- the appropriate local Caremark centre;
- any relatives, advocates or representatives authorised by you;
- our professional regulators to comply with our audit requirements;
- a third party who acquires our business; and
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law.
Keeping your data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- your personal data is encrypted in transit
access to your personal data is limited to authenticated and approved staff While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. We will never send your personal data over the internet other than in an encrypted format.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We have a legitimate interest in collecting and using your personal data. Our legitimate interests are that we use your personal information in order to respond to any enquiries made by you and in order to do so we need to forward your details to your local Caremark centre. Where you become a client of Caremark we use your data to monitor, audit, support and assist the local Caremark centre you are dealing with.
Transfer of data out of the EEA
We will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you; and ·
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
In certain circumstances you have the right to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing; and
- provide us with enough information to identify you.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us. In addition you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
Retention of data
Due to the nature of our business we collect a wide range of personal data and special categories of personal data for a broad range of reasons. As a result, our retention policy differs significantly based on the purpose for which the data was collected and the nature of the data.
If you make an enquiry, we will keep your data for 3 months following your last interaction with us. If you become a client of our care services we will keep your details for as long as you remain a care client. Your data will then be retained for a period of up to 6 years from the date you cease to be a client of our care services.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you visit this website.
To contact us please use the following details:
The Data Protection Officer,