tealightcandles

London Fire Brigade is reiterating warnings about the use of candles following a fire last Friday (29 March) in Greenford.

An unattended candle is being blamed for accidentally starting the fire on Greenford Road shortly before 11:23pm. Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from Southall, Ealing and Northolt fire stations attended the scene.

A woman left the house before firefighters arrived and she was treated by ambulance paramedics for smoke inhalation.

It took just over half an hour to get the fire under control.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Candles are one of the most common causes of fire. It’s really important that you never leave a candle unattended and keep them away from anything else that can easily catch alight.”

Top candle safety tips
• Don’t leave candles unattended
• Keep candles away from curtains, furniture and anything else that can catch fire.
• Keep loose clothing and hair away from candles when they are lit.
• Always place your candles/tea lights in a suitable fire resistant candleholder.
• Make sure the candleholder holds the candle firmly and is on a flat and stable surface to stop it falling over.

Caremark

© 2024 Caremark Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Each Caremark Limited franchise office is independently owned and operated.

Designed & built by SandisonPay