Care Assistant – Droitwich
Must hold a valid driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes.
Our Care Assistants have the chance to make a real difference to people’s lives, either in the community or supporting them at home instead. This is a role that varies from day-to-day helping the more vulnerable in our society, offering a sense of satisfaction that is difficult to match. Caremark Worcester have recently been awarded the “Best In Midlands” award at the Nationwide awards.
Choosing a new company
It can be difficult when you are at the crossroads looking to choose a new company to work for, but working for Caremark Worcester you would help us eclipse the standard of care being given, providing simply the best care to customers throughout Worcestershire. Become one of Caremark’s care angels today.
Roles and Responsibilities
You would be responsible for meeting the support requirements of our clients, in a way that respects the individual and promotes their independence. You would be expected to travel to the client’s home, in Worcestershire and assist them with daily tasks as agreed between the client and Caremark, promoting independence whilst also being a pair of helping hands with tasks that require it.
The type of support that you would be providing is no different to what would reasonably be given by a member of the person’s family, in the same manner you would expect someone else to care for you.
Your role would include helping clients with tasks such as:
- Shopping & meal preparation
- Prompting with medication
- Support with daily routines
- Respite services
- Socialising and leisure activities
- Helping clients access the community
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
We are happy to speak to you if looking to either get into care for the first time, right through to people who have been in the industry for years. You might only want a few hours a week to pass the time, we would love to hear from you.
Full training is provided for anyone joining Caremark and for those looking to further themselves, we offer extra opportunities with training specialists.
One of our care workers had this to say about Caremark’s extra training program:
“I joined Caremark with no experience in care. The training I received helped inspire me as I gained the confidence I needed to do a great job for their clients. I want to be a paramedic, so these experiences were invaluable and look great on my CV. They enrolled me on my level 3 in Health and Social Care and I have recently completed it. It’s nice that a company really takes an interest in its employees.”
The type of support that you can expect to be providing is no different to what would reasonably be given by a member of the person’s family. For instance, you may be providing domestic support to an individual or personal care.
You as a person
Caremark Care Workers are responsible for meeting the support requirements of our customers, in a way that respects the individual and promotes their independence. You will have to travel to the customers own home and assist them with daily tasks that are set out in their Care Plan.
Benefits working at Caremark
As a leading organisation in the social care sector, Caremark provides all employees with an unbeatable package of benefits, which include:
- Full training and induction
- Refer a friend bonus*
- Qualifying for the ‘Blue Light Card’ discount scheme
- Additional pay on weekends*
- You will receive comprehensive support and back up, both in the field and in the office, from friendly and professional colleagues
- We listen to our Care Worker feedback and make every effort to ensure you are comfortable and secure in your working environment
- Shifts are allocated and sent to Care Workers, prior to the start of the working week
- Ongoing training, development and supervision
- Excellent pay rates
- Flexible hours to suit your needs
- Four weeks pro rata annual leave entitlement
- Regular customers, so you can get to know each other
- The opportunity to obtain qualifications whilst you work
- Excellent internal communication, including regular team meetings
- Unique teamwork structure
- Real opportunity to progress to more senior positions
Apply for this position
Please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.