To fulfil the role you must have a mode of transport. If you are not a car driver, mopeds and push bikes are acceptable.
You would be responsible for meeting the support requirements of our customers, in a way that respects the individual and promotes their independence. You would be expected to travel to the customer’s home and assist them with daily tasks as agreed between the customer and Caremark.
The type of support that you would be providing is no different to what would reasonably be given by a member of the person’s family. For instance, you may be providing help with bathing and dressing or domestic support.
Your role would include helping customers with tasks such as:
- Help with washing & dressing
- Shopping & meal preparation
- Prompting with medication
- Support with daily routines
- Respite services
- Socialising and leisure activities
- Helping customers access the community
What we look for
It’s important to us that all Caremark Care Workers have the following qualities:
- Self-motivated, well-organised & reliable
- Caring and sensitive
- Committed to maintaining our high standards of care
- Good communicator
EXPERIENCE NOT ESSENTIAL AS TRAINING IS PROVIDED
£9.60-£12.30 per hour
We provide care in peoples’ homes throughout Thanet, Dover, Deal and Sandwich.
We are currently recruiting Care and Support Workers in the local area in particular within the Birchington and Westgate area. You will need to have a driving licence and a car. A moped or push bike is acceptable.
Experience is not essential as we provide all training.
We can offer:
- Highly competitive rates of pay (£9.60 – £12.30 per hour)
- Petrol allowance 25p mileage
- Christmas Bonus scheme
- Ad hoc bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- High rate of pay for Bank Holidays
- Free Enhanced Induction Training
- Short course qualifications
- Full level 2 and level 3 qualifications are available
- Free uniforms
- Career progression opportunities
- Free Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS)terms and conditions apply
- Up to 28 days paid holiday per annum pro rata
We do ask that you can work alternative weekends and at least two evenings a week. Our earliest call starts at 7am and our latest call finishes about 10.30pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £9.60 to £12.30 /hour
Apply for this position
Please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.