Complex Care Assistant
We are looking to recruit Complex Care Assistants with experience in complex healthcare to provide person-centred care and support for our customers.
Benefits of working at Caremark
- Unsociable hours pay
- Paid training incentive
- Paid update training
- Paid Mileage (tax free)
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Casual Dress
- Shift Flexibility
- Career development and progression – The opportunity to complete a qualification in Health and Social Care up to level 5
- Completion of an enhanced DBS
Complex Care Assistants with a valid driving license, required to work in Winchcombe, Gloucestershire. Previous experience with caring and supporting individuals who have complex needs such as those who have an acquired brain injury (ABI) is preferred, however, is not essential as full training will be provided along with support from Complex Care Staff, our dedicated and experienced Management Team and our On Call Support Team.
Complex Care Assistants are also required to work in Cheltenham. Previous experience with caring and supporting individuals who have complex needs such as MS and Spinal Cord Injury are preferred, however, full training will be provided along with support from Complex Care Staff, our dedicated and experienced Management Team and our On Call Support Team.
Drivers are essential, this will enable the Health Care Staff to assist the individuals on activities within the community.
A guide to shift times are:
- Day’s (08:00-15:00 / 15:00-22.00 / 08:00-22:00)
- Waking Nights (22.00-08:00)
Responsibilities of a Complex Care Assistant
- A person-centred approach to care for individuals within their own home, promoting independence.
- To provide personal care.
- To enable and support the individual to access the community.
- Assist with nutrition and hydration.
- Assist with complex moving and handling once training is complete.
- Administration of medication once trained, and a medication competency is complete.
- Experience with Gastrostomy sites are desirable, however full training will be provided.
- To assist with physiotherapy exercise, full training will be provided.
- Experience with Catheter care is desirable; however, full training will be provided.
- Senior Support Workers will have added responsibilities, this may include supporting Managers and Lead Support Workers with care plans and supervisions.
Requirements of a Complex Care Assistant
- To be caring and trustworthy.
- Have a genuine passion about the role Complex Care Assistant.
- Consistently punctual and reliable.
- Adaptability within the role.
- Willingness to learn new skills and progress within the role.
- Flexibility with shifts patterns, working hours and location.
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service outcome.
- Employment references.
- Engage with Caremark values and beliefs.
Apply for this position
Please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.