Complex Needs Support Worker for Caremark Rotherham
Salary: £8.30 - £16.00 per hour Hours: Nights, school shifts, evenings
Field Care Supervisor
Summary of role:
To share with other staff in meeting the support needs and preferences of children and young people in a way that respects them and promotes their independence in everyday living skills. The support provided by Care and Support Workers is expected to include support that would reasonably be given by members of the child/ young person's family and is not to include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
Principal Responsibilities for Children's Services:
- Supporting the child/ young person to manage the risks in their life
- To give emotional support as and when needed by the child/ young person
- Supporting the child/ young person to access services and facilities in the community
- Providing support, advice and encouragement on personal health matters
- Monitoring and reviewing care and support with the child/ young person's inclusion
- Support with appointments and reminders
- Support to liaise with professionals and other agencies.
- Support with medication whilst promoting the child/ young person's independence ·
- Preparation of food and drink for the child/ young person
- Support and advice with personal safety
- Support with gaining and maintaining friendships and relationships
- To adhere to all Caremark's policies and procedures at all times
Personal Care Care and Support Workers must be willing to undertake the following duties when required to do so:
- To assist a child/ young person who needs help getting up and going to bed including dressing and undressing, washing, bathing and going to the toilet
- To help children/ young people with their mobility and with any physical disabilities, including incontinence and use of personal aids and equipment
- To care for children/ young people who are temporarily sick and need bed nursing and help with feeding
- To make and change beds, light cleaning, emptying commodes and general tidying
- To inspect and launder clothes
- To set tables and trays, prepare and serve light meals, clearing away and washing up
- To report any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a child/ young person to line manager
Personal Attributes It is considered essential that Care and Support Workers possess the following qualities: ·
- Self motivated & well organised
- Caring & sensitive to the needs of others
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice and equality for all children and young people
- Ability to complete any required documentation within the service
- A Person Centred Approach; communicating effectively with the child/ young person and their responsible adult
Caremark Complex Care Services are looking for Care and Support Workers to join our growing service in the Rotherham and Sheffield area.
Our service consists of caring for people - mostly children - within their own community, within their own home and to ensure they can remain as independent as possible with help from a care assistant.
Within our service, we provide care for clients with several different needs and conditions, we support people with complex needs such as:
- Tracheostomy Care
- PEG care
- Brain Injuries
- Skin conditions
- Cerebral Palsy
We are looking for Care Assistants to join our team who are reliable, committed and dedicated to providing the best care and support for our young clients.
There are several different working patterns available as all our clients have different needs and require Care Assistants at different points throughout the day and the week.
The ideal candidates will have a full driving license and able to use their car for work purposes, some of our clients like to access the community so it is important our Care Assistants are able to support with this.
All successful candidates will be offered a position with Caremark Rotherham based on satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS certificate.
We provide full training sessions with an accredited training provider and will provide on-going support to our new care assistants from our great management and supervisory team and our Clinical Lead Nurse.
If you are interested in a role with Caremark Complex Care Services in Rotherham or Sheffield, you can apply either by email:
Or call Our Office recruitment team on 01709 789340.
Opening hours are Monday - Friday 08:30-17:00.