Caremark Harlow & Epping Forest
Home Care Job Vacancies
Field Care Supervisor
Full Job Description
URGENTLY RECRUITING – FULL TIME Field Care Supervisor
£24,000 PER YEAR
£1000 BONUS FOR ONCALL
We are currently recruiting for a Full time Field Care Supervisor to join our growing team at Caremark (Harlow and Epping Forest) branch. You will be working with as a part of team of Field care supervisors at our branch.
We are happy to give more information call Jo on 01279210123
* YOU MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE *
Caremark (Harlow and Epping Forest) is an established and highly regarded home care provider offering home care, personal support, home help and companionship services. Caremark aim to deliver the highest standards of professional care and support to those in need and who choose to remain living in their own homes.
Field Care Supervisors are responsible for implementing field-based quality control systems and the efficient running of their own specific, defined areas and should vary their hours of work in order to effectively monitor and support all Care & Support Workers and customers.
Be a trainer for Caremark accredited training program, for new recruits. trainer for moving and handling, first aid is preferable.
· To carry out Individual Needs Assessments for new and potential customers.
· To conduct risk assessments as part of the Individual Needs Assessment and update these as required as part of the individual’s risk management.
· To carry out introductory visits every time a Care & Support Worker visits a customer for the first time.
· To hold on call phone on a rota basis; this will include evenings and weekends.
· To allocate suitable alternative Care & Support Workers when an existing Care & Support Worker notifies that they are unable to attend a call.
· To facilitate the practical induction of all new Care & Support Workers.
· To conduct customer reviews and respond to Individual Review Forms completed by Care & Support Workers as soon as possible.
· To urgently report any changes in a Care & Support Worker’s or customer’s schedule to the Care Coordinator.
· To monitor all customers for service and Care & Support Worker satisfaction.
· To ensure accuracy and completeness of all documentation held in customers’ homes.
· To support, monitor, supervise and mentor all Care & Support Workers in the field. Encourage and identify opportunities for continuing professional development.
Hours – Full time
· Full time hours 40 hours per week – Minimum of 5 days a week, which sometimes will be every other weekend
· Oncall is rotated between 3 FCS, this includes the evenings and the weekend.
– Flexible outside of hours to cover calls as and when needed (Paid as overtime)
– Should you work on a late shift (9pm) you can come in a little later the following day
Previous experience as a senor support worker or line manager capacity .
· Ideally NVQ/QCF level 2 / 3 in Health & Social Care, if not willing to work towards this
Must be good at problem solving and like a challenge
At least 3 years’ experience working for a Domiciliary/ home care Agency. (preferred)
Must be Organised, methodical, and a good eye for detail.
· Must be flexible around working schedules, roles and responsibility
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harlow: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Please note we are not recruiting from overseas
You would be responsible for meeting the support requirements of our customers, in a way that respects the individual and promotes their independence. You would be expected to travel to the customer’s home and assist them with daily tasks as agreed between the customer and Caremark.
The type of support that you would be providing is no different to what would reasonably be given by a member of the person’s family. For instance, you may be providing help with bathing and dressing or domestic support.
Your role would include helping customers with tasks such as:
- Help with washing & dressing
- Shopping & meal preparation
- Prompting with medication
- Support with daily routines
- Respite services
- Socialising and leisure activities
- Helping customers access the community
What we look for
It’s important to us that all Caremark Care Assistants have the following qualities:
- Self-motivated, well-organised & reliable
- Caring and sensitive
- Committed to maintaining our high standards of care
- Good communicator
- Driving license and use of personal vehicle for work purposes
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Complete a Care Certificate qualification through E- learning
- 35p per mile mileage allowance
- £16 per hour on bank holidays
- Flexible working patterns
- Annual salary reviews and performance bonus
- Paid training
- Enhanced contributory pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities within Caremark
- Staff welfare fund scheme access to up to £2000 worth of loan facility ( T&C applied )
- Access to company car loan scheme( T&C applied)
- 28 days holidays per year.
- Access to overtime hours
7-3pm , 3-9pm , 9-3pm ,9-5 pm , every other weekend
You will be located across Epping, Ongar and Harlow.
As a Care Assistant you will be supporting and enabling our customers to live independently in their own homes with all aspects of their day-to-day living, including physical and social activities such as eating, bathing and shopping.
We are looking for people who have a natural caring nature and are driven to maintaining our customers’ dignity and respect at all times.