Caremark Welwyn & Hatfield
Home Care Job Vacancies
We are currently recruiting for a Care & Support worker to support to join our team at Caremark.
Caremark is an established and highly regarded home care provider offering home care, personal support, home help and companionship services. Caremark aim to deliver the highest standards of professional care and support to those in need and who choose to remain living in their own homes.
We want to encourage and promote the independence and safety of all our customers all of the time. We strive to ensure that a person’s values and rights such as dignity, beliefs and freedom of choice are respected at all times. We also aim to value our Care and Support Workers encouraging their development, skills and abilities.
· 6:45AM – 10PM Monday – Friday and alternate weekends
What does the role involve?
.You will be helping our customers to live their lives as independently as impossible in their own homes while still supporting them to make their own choices you will help them with their everyday living, this could include:
· Personal Care – Support services with their care needs in line with their individual care plan. This could include aspects such as: supporting them to get dressed, supporting them to use the toilet, support with bathing, shaving, skin, hair, foot care and dental hygiene.
· Daily Living – You will be assisting customers with going about their daily life. This could be through support with medication, preparing meals and helping the individual to keep well. Some examples of tasks that you may have to carry out are prompting/administration of medication, meal planning and preparation, assisting with eating and drinking. Helping individual’s with reduced mobility to move around. Along with other life skills such as laundry, tidying and cooking.
· Community – You may have to accompany customers accessing the community and attending their chosen activities in line with their personal car and support plan. Some examples are shopping, leisure activities, and exercising, attending medical and other appointments. This can include liaising with health care professionals.
· Companionship – You will be building professional relationships with customers, assisting them with their emotional, social and spiritual needs whilst encouraging independence and choice.
You will be responsible for supporting the Field Care Supervisor to implement field-based quality control systems and providing support to all Care & Support Workers within a defined area
· To monitor, supervise and mentor all Care & Support Workers in the field.
· To provide support to all Care & Support Workers in the field.
· To monitor all customers for service and Care & Support Worker satisfaction.
· To ensure accuracy and completeness of all documentation held in customers’ homes.
· To encourage and identify opportunities for Care & Support Workers continuing professional development.
· To ensure that all written reports and administration is up to date.
· Ideally NVQ/QCF level 2 / 3 in Health & Social Care.
· At least above 1 year experience working for a Domiciliary/ home care Agency.
· Organised, methodical, and a good eye for detail.
· Being flexible around working schedules, roles and responsibility.
· Being a team player and a people person is extremely crucial to this role.
Here’s what we can offer you:
· Guaranteed Hours (For reassurance of a regular wage)
· Local work
· 1.5 times of weekday pay on bank holidays
· Full free training provided
· Career Development (NVQ Level training available)
· Free uniform and PPE provided
· Bonus scheme for recommending a friend
· Pension scheme
· Paid Mileage 25p per mile
· Opportunity to complete Care Certificate
· Exceptional support from our office staff and existing care assistants