Staying Hydrated is always so important, especially now during summer!
Staying hydrated is super important every day, especially on hot days! Experts recommend drinking roughly 11 cups of water per day for the average woman and 16 for men. And not all of those cups have to come from plain water; for example, some can come from water flavored with fruit or vegetables (lemons, berries, or orange or cucumber slices), or from coffee or tea (The importance of hydration, 2021).
Drinking enough water each day is crucial for many reasons:
- Preventing infections
- Regulating body temperature
- Improving sleep quality
- Keeping organs functioning properly
- Lubricating joints
- Delivering nutrients to cells
Ways to enjoy staying hydrated
Water is a healthy and cheap choice for quenching your thirst at any time
- Plain tea, fruit tea, and coffee (without added sugar),
- Try sparkling water,
- Add a slice of lemon or lime,
- Heat the water and infuse a tea bag, some coffee, or a slice of lemon.
- Add some no-added-sugar squash
- Fruit juice for flavor.
- Drink Semi-skimmed milk
- Fruit Smoothies with different fruits (5 a day)
- Eat fruits high in water content such as Watermelons, cucumbers, pineapples, oranges, and much more.