Location: Brighton & Hove
Salary: £23,800
Hours: 40 hours

Benefits:

 

What we offer:

THIS IS AN IDEAL OPPORTUNITY FOR SOMEONE LOOKING TO TAKE THE NEXT STEP AND TO TRAIN UP INTO THE FCS ROLE

  • Supportive team environment and regular supervision plus training and support to learn the FCS role
  • Further training if required – opportunity to do NVQ 3 and 5 in the future
  • Good pay and the opportunity to gain bonuses and an increase in wage
  • Flexibility of working.
  • A mobile phone for staff to call during your working time.
  • Generous petrol allowance
  • Blue light card – discounts
  • 28 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays)
  • Take your birthday off paid!
  • Free parking & uniform
  • Early pay app

Permanent, full time (40 hours per week) Trainee Field Care Supervisor position has become available with Caremark (Brighton & Hove).  This will be over 5 days per week including working 1 weekend in 2 – shift work which will vary from 7am starts to 10pm finishes. To start after 1st April 2024.

Annual pay initially £23,800 with additional pay for on call (approx.1 week out of 4) rising with bonuses.

Expectations:

You will be responsible for implementing field-based quality control systems and providing support to all Care & Support Workers within the area of Brighton & Hove. You will work closely with the care co-ordinators and current FCS and report to the care manager.  You will need to be flexible with your working time and have a driving licence and car or motorbike.  Due to the needs of the service currently you would be working out in the field on care calls for approx. 80% of your time and be building up your FCS responsibilities alongside our current FCS during the other 20% of your time.  The amount of care calls will diminish, and the amount of FCS work will increase as we grow and the needs of the service change.  The expectation of the responsibilities will be reflected in the time apportioned to your FCS work.

This would be an ideal position for someone who is currently in a senior role or who has senior experience and is looking to train up as a FCS.

FCS responsibilities

  • To cover care calls as required
  • Support and manage a team of Care & Support Workers
  • To manage the on-call roster (when the current FCS is unavailable) in case of emergencies and to take a turn with the on call (extra is paid for this)
  • To maintain close liaison with both the Care Manager and Care Coordinator
  • To complete new assessments
  • To ensure paperwork is up to date and compliant.
  • Act as a link between the client and the office
  • Oversee care quality control – complete spot checks etc
  • Monitor and supervise care service
  • Every second weekend working, late evening and early morning working will be required as needed – hours to be discussed.
  • To oversee Senior CSWs
  • To provide supervisions for CSWs, identifying training or support needs.
  • To ensure the needs of clients are met (quality assurance)
  • To provide training and inductions for CSWs
  • Work either Christmas or new year as the service requires

What we look for

It’s important to us that all Caremark Field Care Supervisors have the following qualities:

  • 2years minimum as a carer, ideally in a senior role for some of it or some evidence that you can work to an FCS level with training
  • Self-motivated, well-organised & reliable
  • Caring and sensitive
  • Flexible
  • Committed to maintaining our high standards of care
  • Good communicator
  • Computer literate, good writing skills.
  • You must be able to manage your own diary and be ensure office staff are kept up to date with it.
  • Able to manage staff sensitively but whilst ensuring our high standard of care is maintained.
  • Clean driving licence & business insurance with use of car or motorbike
  • Ability to work as part of a team and individually
  • Ability to cover calls.
  • Ideally NVQ level 3

Hours: 40 hours per week to be used flexibly in agreement with management.  8.5hours per day for 5 days (inc. a 30min unpaid break).  Expectation is that working hours include one weekend in 2 as part of the role.  When working a weekend you will have 2 alternate days off.  Due to the needs of the service currently you will be doing 80% of time on care calls.

To work alternate Christmas and New year annually as needed.

Apply for this position

Please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

    Where did you hear about us?*

    Upload CV (optional) 3mb max

    We can only accept applications from candidates who already have the eligibility to work in the UK.

    Form protected by Google ReCaptcha (Terms | Privacy)

    Caremark

    © 2024 Caremark Limited. All Rights Reserved.
    Each Caremark Limited franchise office is independently owned and operated.

    Designed & built by SandisonPay