Perhaps you just need company?
According to Age UK, almost a million older people in the UK go for more than a month without speaking to anyone. We've found that many clients don't necessarily need a lot of help, but would sometimes like a companion to support them during various activities: someone they can chat and discuss things with, at home or out-and-about.
If there's room in your life for someone like that, we can help. One of our team of Care Workers can visit you or accompany you and add a vital human element to your day. They will become a trusted, friendly face, someone to share your interests with, while offering companionship.
Clients have found that getting together with a companion bring They feel revitalised and energised when they spend quality time with someone who understands them and is genuinely interested in them. Typical activities that Caremark clients enjoy with a companion include:
- Walking the dog
- Going to collect pension or visiting the bank
- Shopping for food, clothes or other items
- Going to leisure activities
- Enjoying a chat over a cup of tea
- Company while doing crafts or hobbies
- Playing cards, chess, draughts, etc
- Going to a day service
- Visiting a community centre
- Using public transport
- Company and transport for doctor and hospital appointments
And it's good to have someone to ask...
As well as offering companionship it's nice to know that your care and support worker is willing and able to spend time helping you to master the difficulties of modern life, such as:
- Learning how to use a mobile phone, TV remote control or computer
- Paying bills and understanding financial documents
- Getting funding advice or help with claiming benefits
This is all about you
It's your choice how much and what kind of companionship support you have, and how often you want it. The above are only examples - feel free to ask us about your personal needs.
Find your local officeEnter your town or
post code to find your nearest caremark office.
"Knowing that my wife was in the care of such wonderful people was a real comfort" - Husband of client (Cheshire North East)